Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Blues


Just about everyone I know today are out of work or barely scraping by. Myself included! Last October, my income was cut in half.
Now I do a dance each month, trying to make it through, just one more week.

Kinda reminds me of growing up in the 70's. Factories were closing all over. Areas of the country were even called "Rust Belts" because closed factories were left to rot. The new HBO series Hung shows some of that in Detroit. My father was one of those factory workers. We had the farm, but his factory job brought home the bacon. Somehow he managed to keep his job through that turbulent time, only to see it all go up when the plant closed just months away from his retirement! Poof! His pension that he slaved all those years for gone.

That was the 90's. This is today.

Small wonder that one of the bright spots to my day are sites like "Royal Republic" and "Telstar"

No comments:

Post a Comment