Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Uncle Walt

One of the reasons that I enjoyed "Royal Republic", "Inkplume", and unclesyd's stuff is that he is also a fan of Walt Whittman. That stubborn, gay blade of our civil war era. And back when I put aside the Xtian book of lies, Leaves of Grass rose up to replace it.

Now, I don't have it memorized, so you would be disappointed if you tried to swap favorite lines with me. But what I do know is that Uncle Walt found beauty in the everyday, working male; regardless of age or skin color. Some very powerful stuff about one guy worshiping other guys, in addition to nature, and just being alive.

Uncle Walt would definitly find the boy in the previous post worthy of prose! But he loved men of all ages. Respected their form, their person.





No comments:

Post a Comment